Hello, chickadees. Here is a project for you all to do as an option for the upcoming Glitterable Challenges! This was a really fun project for me. I hope you enjoy it too!
What You’ll Need:
A hardcover book
Paper/Paint/Decorating supplies
Glue
Gesso (optional)
Step 2: Prep cover. I chose to cover the book’s cover in gesso to prep it for decoration. You could just leave it depending on the texture of your cover. Another option is to texturize the book itself by sanding/scratching it to make gluing easier.
Step 3: Decorate your book! Remember that this is your special book and that it should be something you’ll like. Don’t feel like you have to impress anyone. I used old wrapping paper that I saved from my birthday presents. After the gesso had dried, I covered the surface in glue and carefully covered it with the paper. You could just paint the cover, glue fabric on, or something else! The possibilities are nearly endless. :] I also added an old key that my mother had laying around as well as a small frame and a few notes on paper. All in all, I am very happy with how my journal turned out.
Now it’s your turn! Send in your pictures to Aubrey (at) mchsi (dot) com! I would love it ever so much. Stay tuned for the first Glitterable Challenge coming up on January 4, 2010!




WOW! ^_^ That looks like fun! :D I would love to do that!
I've done something similar with a binder. I wrapped pretty yellow/red polka dotted paper on it. :)